- Part-time (16 to 18 hours weekly; additional hours when acting as the Surrogate Decision Making Committee Coordinator)
- To be determined
- Executive Director
- SDMC Coordinator
- Office Manager
- SDMC Panelists
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Director of Training & Programs to write high-engagement social media content reflecting the Empowered Pathways brand.
Outreach Coordinator (12 to 15 hours per week 0r 85% of position’s time): The Outreach Coordinator will assist the Executive Director with fundraising, donor cultivation, and agency marketing activities. The Outreach Coordinator will also support and act as back-up for the SDMC Coordinator.
- Monitor the company’s social media accounts and offer constructive interaction with users.
- Plan social media activities to coincide with special events, classes, and recruitment efforts.
- Use a social media management platform (such as Hoot Suite) to connect social accounts.
Develop and promote Empowered Pathways activities:
- Develop volunteer recruitment materials and promote volunteer training opportunities.
- Create engaging donor materials and campaigns including online giving campaigns, event sponsorship packets, and major gift materials in cooperation with the Executive Director and Board Giving Committee.
- Assist in promoting all activities/events through radio and television opportunities, print publications, email promotions, and other mediums.
- Identify promotional opportunities.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of fundraising events.
Cultivate relationships with corporate and individual donors:
- Create donor appreciation opportunities and identify public relations opportunities.
- Track donations and write inspired thank you letters/notes in a timely manner.
- Develop donor materials including online campaign, event sponsorship packets, and major gift materials in cooperation with the Executive Director and Board Giving Committee.
- Set appointments with potential sponsors and donors in coordination with the Executive Director.
SDMC Assistant (This component of the position will normally fill about 2 to 3 hours per week with additional hours when the full-time coordinator is on vacation or out sick. Approximately 15% of the position’s time.): Administered by the NYS Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs, the Surrogate Decision-Making Committee program (SDMC) provides an alternative to the courts for authorization of medical treatment for persons with intellectual disabilities who are unable to provide informed consent for a procedure and have no family member or guardian to provide consent on their behalf. This position acts as the back-up Surrogate Decision Making Committee Coordinator when the primary coordinator is unavailable.
Work in cooperation with the SDMC Coordinator to process case packages and set-up panel hearings:
- Receive case paperwork from The Justice Center for the protection of People with Special Needs and check for completeness.
- Contact declarant/facility and Mental Hygiene Legal Service (MHLS) to establish a hearing date, time and location. Check whether client can attend or needs to be visited by a panel member.
- Identify panel members (3 or 4 person panel) from the SDMC volunteer bank.
- Additional paperwork as required
- During Hearing
- Arrive ahead of time and ensure room is properly set up.
- Monitor arrival of participants and contact any missing participants.
- Provide all necessary paperwork to participants, tape record hearing and be able to answer any procedural questions.
- Obtain signatures and distribute appropriate consent forms.
- Complete and mail appropriate forms and tape to the Justice Center.
- Additional paperwork and mailings as required.
All Empowered Pathways Staff will be Responsible for:
- Promoting Empowered Pathways in general and your position within the community. This includes conducting public presentations.
- Participate in agency events, including staff/team meetings, recognition events, fund raising activities and other events as required.
- Carry out all objectives as outlined by funding sources; generate reports consistent with funding and/or per the direction of the Executive Director.
- Work collaboratively and maintain open communication with co-workers wherever and whenever possible.
- Work collaboratively and proactively to resolve workplace conflict in an appropriate, professional manner, in accordance with agency policy.
- Work collaboratively with other staff to answer phones and cover staffing needs.
- Participate in professional development when appropriate
- Remain current on information, issues and research relevant to the position.
- Uphold confidentiality in regards to clients, documents and the agency with the utmost integrity.
- Abide by the guidelines of the employee manual.
- Have access to reliable transportation within our service area and to other locations within the state for training or other events.
- Must be willing to incur minor expenses to be reimbursed at an agreed upon time.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a related field (Public Relations and Marketing/English/Communications/Sales) or equivalent experience.
- MUST HAVE excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Previous writing and/or marketing experience preferred.
- Experience managing social media accounts.
- Event planning and donor management experience preferred.
- The ability to communicate with, supervise program volunteers to effective in their roles. Previous experience with volunteers preferred.
- Driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Willingness to drive within the Empowered Pathways service area.
- The ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with different types of personalities.
- Intermediate to expert computer skills in word processing, data entry and analysis and electronic communications (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Publisher, Word) a must.
- Excellent, positive social and people skills. Uphold confidentiality in regards to clients, documents and the agency with the utmost integrity